YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR PITCH CHALLENGE NEBRASKA
Every child can develop critical workforce readiness skills through entrepreneurial activities.
Young Entrepreneur Pitch Challenge is an idea presentation contest for Nebraska students in grades K – 12. It is a simple set of activities that help kids learn creativity, problem solving, critical thinking, and presentation skills. Pitch Challenge teaches essential workforce readiness skills and helps kids develop a mindset for 21st century careers whether or not they become entrepreneurs.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Students register and submit 60- to 90-second videos online by April 30, 2021.
- Submissions for pitch ideas can be for a product business, a service business, a social enterprise or a technology business.
- Students enter individually or in a group* in one of three grade level categories: K–4, 5–7, 8–12
- Three pitch winners in each grade level category win $200 cash! (*If a group wins, the $200 prize for their pitch challenge will be split equally among the group)
- Ten wild card winners will each receive $25 cash!
ENTERING IS SIMPLE!
- THINK of a business idea. It can be a product, service, social enterprise or tech business. We are urging youth to focus on a business solution to help your community rebuild from crisis.
- Create a 60-90 second video of yourself or group pitching the idea.
- PRACTICE your pitch with a friend or family member. Keep it short, 60 seconds in length, just enough to reveal your BIG IDEA and make a few points.
- RECORD your pitch with a phone, tablet, or computer. Video submissions will be judged within-grade categories (K-5, 6-8, and 9-12) on 1) creativity, 2) persuasiveness, and 3) quality.
- UPLOAD the video and complete all entry forms.
Winners will be announced on the virtual Pitch Challenge Celebration in May 2021 (Date TBD)
Visit the Young Entrepreneur Institute website for more information about pitch challenges and download this free toolkit to help students create and prepare their pitch presentation! Questions? Contact Jennifer Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
GET STARTED: Pitch Challenge Initial Registration
SUBMIT YOUR PITCH: *Final Registration and Pitch Submission*