This interactive toolkit, developed by Beyond School Bells, is your one-stop shop for all things related to building a successful afterschool and summer program. Afterschool programs help improve kids’ learning, behavior and social/emotional health. Browse this free toolkit for guides, downloadable resources, tips and ideas regardless of where you are with your program.
- Guidelines: Take a closer look at how afterschool, summer and expanded learning programs can provide the opportunity kids need to succeed.
- Funding Structures: Three different real-world funding structure possibilities that outline options for program space, supplies, staff hourly rates and more.
- Planning: This section includes everything you need to know about starting an Afterschool Program including a guidebook, needs assessment tools and a program starter kit.
- Operational: Resources to help build and manage quality afterschool or summer programs.
- Staffing: Sample job descriptions and tips for interviewing, hiring and motivating staff.
- Professional Development: Maintain and improve your professional competence and enhance your leadership skills, motivate staff and engage families.
- Best Practices: Use these guidelines for program best practices including college and career readiness, summer learning, STEM, arts, environmental education, family engagements, staff development and more. Worksheets included.
- Successful Strategies: Learn strategies and success stories from other Nebraska afterschool and summer programs.
- BSB Programming & Curriculum: Use these unique teaching and learning resources in your program.
- STEM Learning: Utilizing STEM as a means to build and sustain your ELO program is essential. Vast amount of STEM resources found here.
- Partnerships: Find community partners in multiple sectors including school districts, municipal governments, local business and industries and non-profits. Use the tools in this section to help build and sustain your program.
- Advocacy: Educating and inspiring stakeholders about the importance of ELO programs is critical. Use this toolkit to advocate for this incredible learning opportunity for those most in need.
- Messaging Tools: Effectively promoting your program is essential to building support in the community, securing funding and sustaining your program. Use these simple and straight-forward tools to help you communicate the importance of ELO programs.