YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR PITCH CHALLENGE NEBRASKA
Young Entrepreneur Pitch Challenge is an idea presentation contest for Nebraska students in grades K – 12. It is a simple set of activities that help kids learn creativity, problem solving, critical thinking, and presentation skills. Pitch Challenge teaches essential workforce readiness skills and helps kids develop a mindset for 21st century careers whether or not they become entrepreneurs.
Educators and families: download this free toolkit to help students create and prepare their pitch presentation! This Challenge was already held in Summer 2020, check back for upcoming pitch challenges to be announced in Winter 2021!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Students register and submit 60- to 90-second videos online.
- Submissions for pitch ideas can be for a product business, a service business, a social enterprise or a technology business.
- Students enter individually in one of three grade levels: K–4, 5–7, 8–12
ENTERING IS SIMPLE!
- THINK of a business idea. It can be a product, service, social enterprise or tech business. We are urging youth to focus on a business solution to help your community rebuild from crisis.
- Create a 60-90 second video of yourself or group pitching the idea.
- PRACTICE your pitch with a friend or family member. Keep it short, 60 seconds in length, just enough to reveal your BIG IDEA and make a few points.
- RECORD your pitch with a phone, tablet, or computer. Video submissions will be judged within-grade categories (K-5, 6-8, and 9-12) on 1) creativity, 2) persuasiveness, and 3) quality.
- UPLOAD the video and complete all entry forms.